Thank your for attending the e-learning ‘Cardiotoxicity in Chemotherapy’. I am happy to be your host during this webinar.
Dr. Rachel Giles
Medicom Medical Publishers
Who should attend?
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of medical specialists, hospitalists, physicians, and nurses involved in the management of oncology patients.
This e-learning is free of charge.
- Introduction by moderator Dr Rachel Giles, Medicom Medical Publishers, NL
- Presentation Prof. Kees Punt, UMC Utrecht, NL
- Presentation Dr Arco Teske, UMC Utrecht, NL
- Presentation Pia Österlund, Karolinska Institutet, SE & Tampere University Hospital, FI
- Closing session by Prof Kees Punt
This e-learning consists of multiple videos. You are required to watch them all in order to reach the post test and evaluation form, and to receive your accreditation.
Post test & evaluation
Did you finish watching the video? Then you will make the post test and evaluation in order to get your accreditation points.
You passed the test if your grade was a 7 or higher. You have the possibility to redo the test twice.
Upon completion of this activity, you should be better able to:
- Know which baseline tests to order prior to chemotherapy;
- Recognise subclinical and early symptoms of cardiotoxicities;
- Differentiate current agents for the management of cardiotoxicity;
- Apply current guidelines and best-available evidence to the management of cardiotoxicity in patients treated with chemotherapy; and
- Employ evidence-based strategies for care coordination to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and long-term complications.
NL: Voordat u verder gaat willen wij u erop wijzen dat u nu de e-learning kunt doen, maar dat u de eindtoets alleen kunt doen en de accreditatie alleen kunt ontvangen indien u uw gegevens achterlaat. Uw gegevens worden alleen door de aanbieder gebruikt voor het toewijzen van de accreditatie en worden niet met derden gedeeld. Voor meer informatie, raadpleeg onze privacyverklaring.
EN: We would like to inform you that you can now start the e-learning. However, to be able to perform the end test and to receive your accreditation, you will be asked to leave your personal details. Your personal details will only be used by the provider to provide you with the accreditation credits. Your information will not be shared with third parties. For more information, vistit our privacy statement.
This e-learning is accredited by EACCME.
The Cardiotoxicity in Chemotherapy – Back to Basics, made available on https://platform.webinary.nl/webinars/cardiotoxicity-in-chemotherapy-back-tobasics/ and organized by Medicom Medical Publishers, is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. Each medical specialist should claim only those credits that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). Only those e-learning materials that are displayed on the UEMSEACCME website have formally been accredited. Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA), physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
- The Netherlands:
This e-learning is accredited by the Nederlandse Internisten Vereniging (NIV) with 1 credit and Beroepsvereniging Verzorgenden Verpleegkundigen (V&VN) with 2 credits.